Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunset on the End of 2010 Ice Fishing


Sitting around the house today knowing that the end of ice fishing is close, I decided to go one more time. So off I went to Metro Beach for the evening fish. Temperature this afternoon was 55 degrees and when I quit fishing it was 48 degrees. The sun was shining bright and the wind was less than 5 knots out of the west. The ice on the lake is at least a foot thick but around the shore line it is getting soft. The report that we received yesterday as we left the ice was they caught some nice fish at the point in shallow water right before dark. My game plan was to stay in the shallow water and not leave it. I set up in 1 foot of water and I could see the fish coming in. The bite did not start until after sunset and it was over in a hurry. I had three hogs come through the hole and I only caught one of them. I caught some smaller fish but it was not the trip I had planned. Had only 2 keeper perch so I let them go.

No comments: