Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Boat is Finally Ready

Was going to fish with Uncle Dan but he called this morning and said he was not feeling very well. Since I was awake I decided to go and do some work on the boat. Got every thing done that I wanted to and the last thing was to start the engine for the first time this year. The motor was running and the sun came out and I just could not stand it any longer, so I decided to go fishing. The temp this morning was in the upper 50s and when I quit fishing it was in the upper 60s. The wind was out of the south around 15 knots and after an hour or so it started to switch and come out of the south  southwest. The waves were between 1 and 2 feet to start and then it laid down to less than a foot. The water temp is 58 degrees. Made my way out to Turtle Island and set up in 10 foot of water using an old way point. Made the first drift jigging a clown blade bait with out a hit. Made another drift and put on a fire tiger blade bait and still nothing. I saw a few nets going so I knew there were fish in the area. Made another  drift and put on a blue and silver blade bait and it was game on. For the next 1 1/2 hours it was pretty steady fishing. I lost 3 fish at the net and had at least 8 other fish on. Fishing in shallow water every thing happens very fast but it sure is fun. Kept 3 walleye and 1 perch.

No comments: