Friday, February 27, 2015

Thames River, Canada

The sun was out and the wind was not blowing too hard, so I decided to go walleye fishing for the evening bite on the Thames River in Canada. Temperature when I started fishing was 13 Degrees and when I quit fishing it was 8 Degrees. Once the sun went down it started to get pretty cold. The wind was less than 10 knots out of the east so there was a little wind chill factor. Went by the church and there was no one fishing so I went to the government drain and fished. When I got there no one else was fishing but around 4:30 pm, 4 other guys showed up. There is about two inches of snow on the ice which made for easy walking. It is a very short walk from the car to the river. The ice is about 18 inches thick and the current was slow. Set up fishing a number 5 rapala tipped with a minnow and a Williams spoon tipped with a minnow. Fished for 2 1/2 hours and I never had a bite. The guys fishing around me never had a bite. Tough and cold day fishing but I'm glad I went. The extended forecast is for temps in the upper 20's and lower 30's for another week so the ice is not going any where.


No comments: