Friday, May 24, 2019

Just Call Me Chicken

Fished with Joe. Temperature this morning was in the lower 60's and when we quit fishing it was in the upper 60's. The wind was light out of the northwest with hardly any waves. The water temp is 59 degrees. When we came out of the harbor the water was very muddy. We headed towards the E buoy and the water started to clear up. Set up just north of the buoy and we were not marking very many fish but we set lines anyways. We had bandits set at 70 feet back on one side of the boat and 80 feet on the other side of the boat. Caught a couple of fish on the 70 foot setup so we switched both sides to 70 feet. I received a text that severe weather was in our area and I thought it was for later in the day. About 15 minutes later I received another text about the weather so I checked the radar on the phone and it was showing a large storm heading our way. I told Joe that we have 11 walleye and I don't want to caught in a storm for 1 walleye so we pulled lines and headed for the barn. Come to find out the storm broke up and we just had a little drizzle. Kept 11 walleye.

No comments: