Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bluegill Fishing Today.


Fished with Daryl. Temp late in the morning was 18 degrees and when we quit fishing it was in the upper 20s. The wind was out of the Northwest at 10 knots with an over cast sky. We were fishing later today because there was 6 inches of snow last night and I shoveled walks before I went fishing. Daryl let me know that mid day is not the best time to catch Bluegill, but we gave it our best shot. We fished a good Bluegill lake in Unadilla that he has access to. We started fishing at 11:00 in the morning and the bite was pretty slow. We made one move up the canal to Daryl's hot spot and started to catch a few fish but after a half hour the bite just shut down. We stayed around for 1 more hour and decided to call it a day. Daryl is used to catching fish and he was starting to get bored. I told him that my whole ice fishing season has been like this. We kept 11 Bluegill (I caught 3)between 7 and 8 1/4 inches, enough for us to have for dinner tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much for Captain Daryl and his lucky spot!