Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010 C.R.G.C. Derby


Fished the 2010 Chelsea Rod and Gun Club Derby hosted by Rick Monier on West Lake. Temperature this afternoon was in the middle 20s and the wind was gusting 15 to 20 knots, which made for tough fishing conditions. The skies were partly cloudy which made it feel a little bit warmer. The ice is 10 inches thick and very slippery. We had a crowd of over 20 people and they were scattered all over the lake. The fishing was very slow for the first couple of hours. As the sun started to set, some of guys started to catch a few fish. I do not have an exact fish count but I think it was close to 20 fish that were kept. When I get the correct number I will post it. Everyone had a great time and when we were done fishing Rick had a nice fire going by his house that kept everyone warm. I think there were more fishing stories told than fish caught today! I took a week off from fishing because I fell on the basement steps last Sunday and hurt my back. My back feels good tonight so I should be OK for the rest of ice fishing season.

No comments: